Jan 20, 2013

The Sin.


Icy mists obscured me from the world, from myself
I still walked on the road I knew not the destination of
The winds that came in blew away my restlessness
Yet, all I could see was emptiness swirling around me…
Was the world reflecting my heart?

It felt so wrong…like running away from a place like Guelph
My every possession was a reminder of the sin I was guilty of
I had taken what was not mine to take…oh, the recklessness!
I could have had her; her love …all I did was make her flee…
She was the fragile paper I shamelessly tore apart.


I had loved her from the moment I saw her,
it was like God’s answer to my heart’s every desire.
Those huge, innocent eyes filled with wonder,
those sensuous lips that shook my very soul
and the sheer beauty of her presence…

But she rejected me…after that it was all a blur
Wanting salvation from the heart she’d burnt on a pyre,
I took her without her consent…she was torn asunder.
She was broken…I’d taken away what made her whole
I’d robbed her of her essence, her innocence…

And now the guilt was driving me crazy
All I could see were her haunted eyes,
And the memory of my sin reflected in them.
she was no more than a machine..I had killed her.
And the weight of it would kill me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment