Jan 20, 2013

Ramayana as told by Mandodari.


Sita was born to my beloved,
when he sneezed, my Ravana.
Yet she destroyed him whom I loved.

I heard that she set up quite a mammoth task,
that Sita, for her prospective grooms.
For her future perils, such glory was a mere mask.


For years the golden trio lived in the wild,
but the nearing of their exile,
spelt his doom & he wasn’t even riled!

He’d gone to avenge his silly sister,
But my Ravana fell for Sita instead,
& on Death’s list, became an A-Lister.

Mere feet away from me sits she,
treating my beloved like dirt on her feet.
Can no one see the danger in Sita, but me?

They’re coming to get her, in celebrations & joy,
and no one seems to notice my grief, for in
the grand scheme of things, I was a mere toy!

No comments:

Post a Comment