Jan 20, 2013

Ramayana as told by Hanuman


Found in a furrow she was, my Goddess mother,
by the king, the man who craved a child,
and yet, the reason for her birth was another.

My Lord conquered the greatest jewel of all,
the most precious heart of my Goddess,
when the massive bow of Great Shiva, he did haul.


My three deities, in the forest, did time spend,
changing homes all the way to Panchavati,
where Jatayu the Noble, they did befriend.

That Evil Demon took away my Goddess,
in a heat of rage and senseless revenge,
leaving my Lord heartbroken & anxious.

I visited my beloved Goddess in her prison,
bringing her my Lord’s love & assurances.
It wasn’t easy to see her perils, it still isn’t…

My Lord’s victory reunited him with his beloved,
and us with our pride and happiness,
because by the Great pair we’d been loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment