Jan 20, 2013

Lemon.


Going away was never easy,
It was never bright & breezy.
Any contrary illusions were in vain,
as each step away was a pain.

But there was something now,
hanging in the air like a bough.
Something that seemed crazy,
and yet was intangibly hazy.
Something that urged me to walk,
run or skip, away from the stalk.


And now the something was upon
myself, like a family on a newborn.
I was helpless, hopeless against it,
drawn into its invisible web, bit-by-bit.
All I did was try to pull away,
But I got pushed further into the spray.

And now, there was no choice 
but for me to accept the voice.
The strange voice inside my head,
that said what I could only dread.
For it told the truth, forever always,
resounding in my mind’s hallways.

The brutality of it all stunned me,
making me go on a self-pity spree.
I walked with no destination in mind, 
shivering despite my protective rind.
But I couldn’t really go very far,
and definitely nowhere outside the jar.

And then, before I could digest it,
my destiny was upon me, a perfect fit.
I was alone and sad, drenched
My impending doom entrenched.
And before anything I could say or do,
I was killed off without further ado. 

I saw from above then, as she took me,
emptying me in a glass next to Ms. Brie.
She added water and sugar, the kid,
& I made for some excellent lemonade, I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment