Jan 20, 2013

Ramayana as told by Laxman.


She who I respected more than any other,
she was born in Mother Earth’s arm.
My Deity. The life, the wife of my brother.

As an onlooker, I watched with joy,
the holiest of all Unions as
my brother won over his Sita, oh boy!


Of Rama and Sita, I took the utmost care,
when in the forests, in the wild,
& together we stayed like steps of a stair.

Despite my every protection, every care,
that twisted Beast took away Rama’s Sita,
& my guilt and Rama’s grief, I couldn’t bear.

Rama’s Sita was alone in the foreign land,
in the clutches of the lustful beast,
as pervious to dignity as to water, sand.

She was rescued by us, our deity beloved,
& asked for an unreasonable purity test, as if
beneath a cloak of accusations, she was a hand gloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment